Re: How do you change the cursor?

|> Tried M-x blink-cursor-mode  -- got no error msg, also got no change.  I
|> couldn't get it to take an arg, i.e. -1 (non-positive nr).
|>
|> I went to .emacs and added:
|>
|> (blink-cursor-mode)  <-- to see if would toggle
|>
|> None of these worked.  No error msgs. (Yep, I remembered to save,
|> exit emacs, and restart each time.)

Same here. None of these produce any effect (in console mode or in
X). The cursor continues to blink annoyingly.

If I put this in my init file:

     (blink-cursor-mode)

I get an error-message (wrong number of arguments) and the polite
suggestion that I start emacs with the --debug-init flag.

If I try:

    (blink-cursor-mode nil)

there is no error-message but there there is no effect either. Ctl-h v
on blink-cursor-mode says that its value is t.

If I now try:

    (setq blink-cursor-mode nil)

no error-messages, and Ctl-h v on blink-cursor-mode now reports that
the value of the variable is nil. But the damn blinking continues.

Sigh ....

GNU Emacs 21.1.1 (i386-debian-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
of 2001-12-06 on raven, modified by Debian

Jim McCloskey