Re: How do you change the cursor?

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:52:16 +0000, Glyn Millington wrote:

>Gary Turner <kk5st@swbell.net> writes:
>

>> (blink-cursor-mode)  <-- to see if would toggle
>    ^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>Interesting - this one should work! (Well,  it works here!)
>
>Is there anything else going on with your cursor in  .emacs?

No, in fact my .emacs was copied from my long time win .emacs.  There is
no mention of the cursor at all.  It looks to be identical to the cursor
in win32 v 20.7 except that the win emacs doesn't blink, and in fact the
function does not seem to exist in that version.  According to the man
page? paragraph? comment? passing a positive int arg turns it on.  I
assumed that a negative arg would disable it, thus my trials.  Also, M-x
blink-cursor-mode will not accept an arg.

Somewhere is a config or init file containing or calling this puppy.
But it does seem strange that it would over-ride my .emacs.

I guess the next step is to turn grep loose 'til I find it and cut its
throat :~\
--
gt
It is interesting to note that as one evil empire (generic) fell,