Re: It's Huntin' Season

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 05:14:57PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> Debian Policy is correct by requiring everything in /etc to be a
> conffile.

Debian Policy would be incorrect if it required that.  Fortunately, it does
not.  However, it does forbid configuration files from being included in
binary packages unless they are listed as conffiles, which is what I think
you are referring to here.

> Emacs Policy, by requiring startup files, even ones that are not
> configuration files, to be in /etc, thus in effect requires that they
> always be conffiles.

Is there any way for the admin to disable loading/autoloading of an
installed elisp package other than editing these files?  If not, then they
should be configuration files so that this is possible.

--
 - mdz