Re: It's Huntin' Season

>>"Thomas" == Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

 >> Could you explain to me, please, exactly what bits of the
 >> emacs policy are wrong? I seem to have missed those.

 Thomas> It tells people to put files in /etc which are really not conffiles,
 Thomas> and aren't marked as such

	I think you are wrong. If I am the one in error, quote
 chapter and verse, please. Where exactly does it say that?

 /etc/emacs/site-start.el is a conffile, and is owned by
  emacsen-common.  This file should not be modified by *any* add-on
  packages, or by any emacsen package maintainer.  It is solely for
  the use of the local admin.  It should be empty unless the local
  admin modifies it.
.======================================================================
  C) Each add-on package has the right to place files into the
     following directories:

       /etc/<emacs>/site-start.d
       /usr/share/<emacs>/site-lisp/<package-name>

	Where does it say these are not confffiles?

        I strongly suspect people are not actually reading policy documents.

	manoj
--
 "When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become president; I'm
 beginning to believe it." Clarence Darrow