Re: Building a package that uses goto-addr.el

   Hi

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:24:17 -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> jeSPer Holm wrote:

>> I'm building a package (eicq) that uses goto-addr.el. I have found
>> out that goto-addr.el is included in mule2-support - and now for my
>> questions:
>>
>> 1. Should I make my new package depend on mule2-support?

> Huh?

> It might be in mule-support, but it seems to be a standard Emacs
> add-on:

> $ zgrep goto-addr.el
> /org/ftp.debian.org/ftp/dists/woody/Contents-i386.gz

[...]

> usr/share/xemacs21/packages/lisp/fsf-compat/goto-addr.el.gz
> editors/xemacs21-basesupport-el
> usr/share/xemacs21/packages/lisp/fsf-compat/goto-addr.elc
> editors/xemacs21-basesupport

Well I searched for goto-addr.el at the Debian website[1], but I only
searched the stable release. Here I did not get the
xemacs21-basesupport as a hit. The only packages containing
goto-addr.el was some emacs19* and emacs20* (Eicq is, for now, a
XEmacs only package) packages and then mule2-support. So I thought
that mule2-support was the way to go.

The right thing to to would be to make my package depend on
xemacs21-basesupport?

[1] http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=goto-addr.el&case=insensitive&version=stable&arch=i386&directories=yes

   Med venlig hilsen

--
zoonet.dk                                                  jeSPer Holm
                                                      jesper@zoonet.dk