Re: Emacs: Memory exhausted

zolia wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i figured out, that this problem arises, when (global-font-lock-mode 1) or
>(font-lock-mode 1) is set. Emacs hanged, when i was accessing faces
>(colored) text to.

What do you mean by accessing faces (colored) text? I always set
font-lock-mode on by using the following lines in my .emacs file.

(if (string-match "XEmacs" emacs-version) ; XEmacs
(font-lock-mode 1)
(global-font-lock-mode 1) ; Emacs
(set-selection-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)
(set-background-color "darkslategray"))

And I cannot reproduce your problem. I suppose it must be something else
that caused your Emacs hang, but I have no idea what it is. Sorry. I
sometimes do experience Emacs hang when a subprocess in Emacs is
blocking, but that's another story, I guess.