JDE Package(s)

I am in the new maintainer queue and intend to adopt the jde package.
The current maintainer, Ruud de Rooij <ruud@ruud.org>, has offered to
sponsor any packages I create in the meantime.

Now, the current JDE sources have some dependencies on some other
packages, which have seperate upstream sources.  These are:

Updated speedbar and semantic bovinator.

Now, these could be packaged as part of jde, or as seperate packages
themselves.  My insticts would be to package the whole as two
packages (contacting upstream maintainers as appropriate):
jde
speedbar  (which would include the bovinator)

The jde package would depend on speedbar and elib.

Note that speedbar is part of both the Xemacs and Emacs packages.
Emacs20 has an older version, whereas the xemacs21 package has an
up-to-date version.  In fact, Xemacs21 seems to come with the jde as
part of it, albeit an out-of-date version.  What would others suggest
I do?

--
Michael Duggan
(md5i@cs.cmu.edu)