Re: Question on auto-mode-alist

>> I want to handle .mp files (TTCN.MP), while GNU Emacs normally has
>> assigned this extension to MetaPost files.

If you want to do something for exactly "ttcn.mp" as opposed to
something for all files ending in ".mp", then I would say it would be
legitimate to add a pattern like "ttcn\\.mp$" to `auto-mode-alist',
even if we want metapost handling to continue to work for all other
.mp files.

Christian Lynbech          | Ericsson Telebit A/S
Fax:   +45 8628 8186       | Fabrikvej 11, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8738 2228       | email: chl@tbit.dk --- URL: http://www.tbit.dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)