Re: UEFI searching for bootx64.efi - but debian has not created this in ESP - help please.

[ Re-added a CCX to the debian-efi list. ]

Hi Derrin!

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 07:06:32AM -0000, Derrin Morton wrote:

>Hello Steve
>
>Once getting my head around the Advanced Options -> Rescue mode ->  Launch
>terminal using /dev/sda2 and mount /dev/sda1 it was possible cp /boot/efi/EFI/
>debian/grub64x.efi cp /boot/efi/EFI/boot/boot64x.efi

I gave you a link to documentation for the exact thing you needed to
do. Rescue mode even gives you an explicit option to "Force GRUB
installation to the EFI removable media path". Please go and do that
*now*!

If you don't reconfigure grub appropriately here, then on future
upgrades the grub packages will not know to update the copy in the
removable media path. This may leave you with an unbootable system at
some point as grub changes happen.

I've also updated the wiki doc to make this more explicit.

< liw> everything I know about UK hotels I learned from "Fawlty Towers"