Re: Updating shim for buster

On Sun, 2019-02-10 at 21:52 -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 01:06:58AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 09, 2019 at 09:43:57PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Hi Steve,
> > > shim 15+1533136590.3beb971-1 is now in unstable.  Please let me
> > > know if
> > > anything is missing for Buster.
> > Hi Steve,
> > Awesome, thanks! I can see there's been quite a lot of changes to
> > deal
> > with. Thanks very much for your efforts!
> > Just one tiny thing missing that I was hoping for: add i386 to the
> > arch list. We're wanting to get shim signed for all of amd64, arm64
> > and i386 for Buster.
>
> Ok, -2 uploaded with i386 enabled.  Cheers!

Hello Steve,

Thank you very much for your work!

One question: last year Philipp did some work to have the shim source
package build the templates required to make it work with our new
signing infrastructure:

https://salsa.debian.org/pmhahn/shim

Instead of using the ephemeral, build-time generated key to sign FB and
MoK, that allows to sign them using our CA.
Among other things, this allows the build to be reproducible - which is
an important aspect in my opinion, especially for a security-critical
component like shim.

What are your (and other folks on the list's) thoughts on this?

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi