Re: sbsigntool - very out of date in Debian

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 03:09:32PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> I've just been using sbverify for checking on our signed binaries [1],
> and followup discussion in irc suggests that our current version of
> the sbsigntool package in Debian is very out of date. I can see that
> the last upload you did (0.6-3) was back in 2016, and there have been
> a couple of NMUs since. I'm guessing that you're struggling to find
> time to work on the package. Would you be OK with me taking it over on
> behalf of the EFI team? Of course, if you still have an interest in
> this you're more than welcome to join the team to help with this and
> our other packages too!
>
> As we're now into the Buster freeze, could you please let me know in
> the next couple of weeks so we can get things updated before release?
>
> [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-efi/2019/01/msg00015.html

Hi Steve,

I know this package is outdated, that my fault for not founding the
time.
I have a package that is almost OK (packaging files are done, I nee to
update/remove the quilt packages, which is the hard part).
After that, I should be able to do an upload quickly.
Let me know if that would be OK for you? I should know for sure
today if the patches can be easily updated.

Independently, I think it'd be better to have team maintenance, so if I
can join the team so me and other maintainers can work on it that would
be perfect for me.

Regards,
Pierre