Re: regenerating /boot/efi/debian/

El 13/12/16 a las 09:50, Jack Howarth escribió:
      During my struggles to get a bootable linux installed on a
MacBook Pro 2,1 which has EFI-32 firmware, I discover that the
debian-8.6.0-amd64-i386-netinst.iso multi-arch installer was the only
Linux distribution capable of achieving this.

Hi Jack,

I would like to understand better why you insist on your update-efi-booter script. ( As I'm asking about Debian specifically I will CC debian-efi mailing list here. On other Super Grub2 Disk related stuff I tend to remove debian-efi mailing list from CC so that I don't pollute it with offtopic. )

  Can you please describe:

* How you managed to boot debian-8.6.0-amd64-i386-netinst.iso on your Mac Book Pro ( MBP 2,1 ) ? Did you do a DD equivalent and put the ISO into a USB? Did you do anything else?

* I guess once Debian installation disk had boot you just did a normal installation. Any specific steps on the installation related to boot/grub that you did?

* Once you installed it thanks to Debian installer did it boot right away? Or did you have to do additional steps for it to boot? Which ones were those ones?

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/