Re: Problem with a Debian dual boot installation

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 02:17:57PM +0100, Ramiro Checa-Garcia wrote:
>Hi,

Hi Ramiro,

Apologies for the delayed response... I think I can see what your
problem is.

>I have tried to install a dual boot: Windows and Debian. However apparently
>I did something wrong and the installation was not smooth. Probably because
>Debian was installed in Legacy mode (changing MBR maybe?)
>
>Changing parameters for the UEFI Bios I am able to run windows or linux but
>not from Grub directly. Also I was not able to boot from DVD or USB after
>the Debian installation (I installed Debian from a USB without problems to
>boot from the USB).
>
>All the information is included on:
>
>http://paste2.org/jjywav8v

Your computer looks like it has a UEFI Windows system installed, but
booted the Debian installed in legacy (BIOS) mode. To fix things, the
quickest way is probably to re-start the Debian installer and make
sure it's using UEFI. See

  https://wiki.debian.org/UEFI#How_to_tell_if_you.27ve_booted_via_UEFI

for more info. You'll probably need to go into your computer's
BIOS/firmware setup to make sure it's configured to boot removable
media in UEFI mode by preference.

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have
 nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free
 speech because you have nothing to say."
   -- Edward Snowden