I flashed the Tianocore UEFI firmware on Gigabyte MP30-AR0 (AppliedMicro X-Gene 1 CPU) server using the procedure described on:
Unfortunatelly Debian Installer 8.3 fails to boot Linux when started from UEFI prompt. Steps:
1) Flash Debian 8.3 for arm64 on USB drive as instructed by the Debian Installation Guide for arm64
2) Boot into UEFI shell prompt
3) Issue commands:
set MAC0 fc:aa:14:e4:98:1f
set MAC1 fc:aa:14:e4:98:20
4) Select Install option after Grub starts successfully and hit <Enter>
5) Machine appears to be hanging for more than 15 minutes and needs to be rebooted
Information on serial terminal (using Putty):
EFI:stub: Booting Linux Kernel...
L3c Cache: 8MB
1) Any advise how I can start the Debian Installer from UEFI shell prompt?
2) Any boot arguments and/or debug options I can add to get more information?
3) Has Debian 8.3 successfullly installed on AppliedMicro Mustang board or any other X-Gene based computer using UEFI?
4) Should I file a bug report?
16 GB ECC DDR3 DRAM
2 x 6 TB HGST Deskstar drives
Note Centos 7.2 installed successfully using the exact same procedure as described above.
Thanks in advance