Re: fwupdate (Re: efivar 0.18-1 uploaded to unstable)

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 02:53:39PM -0500, D. Jared Dominguez wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 02:28:02PM -0500, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>
>>Let me know when/what you'd like me yo upload too.
>
>Thanks. My only open concerns about fwupdate are what if anything to do about
>these two lintian warnings:
>W: fwupdate: executable-not-elf-or-script boot/efi/EFI/Debian/fwupdate.efi

That'll be because it's marked executable, I guess? Just chmod -x it,
it's not like you run it from Linux after all?

>W: libfwup0: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libfwup0.4
>
>The first one I think needs to be ignored or overridden. The second one I'm
>not sure about how serious it is. If you think it's important, I'll see about
>having that library name changed.

Hmmm. Do we need the separate library package, even? Is anybody
else expecting to use it, or is it just internal to the package?

"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code
 is in use on a military site..." -- Simon Booth