Google Summer of Code

Hi DebianEdu,

GSoC applications are starting in less than a week:
https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline
and I am sure that Debian will participate this year, as usual.

Can we propose a project? For example:
"Replacing NFS by SSHFS or Coda File System".
This is a project that seems interesting to me, but you can propose some other project ideas.

For each project idea we need at least one mentor that is willing to help and support the student during the summer. I am willing to be one of the co-mentors, in the sense that I can help the student get familiar with DebianEdu, and help them to build a virtual environment for development and testing. However, for the technical details of the project, at least another mentor is needed.

What do you think? Does it seem feasible?

Regards,
Dashamir

P.S. I have included the Debian Outreach Team in the Cc (outreach@debian.org), which takes care of GSoC application details, among others.