Re: Problems installing Epoptes for "diskless workstation"

Hi Wolfgang,

I did more tests today with Epoptes on "diskless workstation".

Service epoptes-client fails to start upon booting. The reason seems to be that the server certificate file is missing. I can manually run the following command on the client via console to fetch the certificate:

/usr/sbin/epoptes-client -c

Then I can start the epoptes-client service and Epoptes works fine.

I think the above should be done upon booting, right? How is this done?

Another question:

The Epoptes admin gui is missing on "diskless workstation". Therefore a teacher can't use Epoptes to assist the kids unless he switches to "thin client". How can this be added for "diskless workstation" as well?

Kind regards,
Roman