Re: Buster manual

Hi Frans,

Sorry for the late reply. And thank you for your thorough explanation. Appreciated.
I understand that the Debian process is not as straight forward or as flexible as people (myself, at least) would like it to be. And, as it doesn't depend on you, Debian Edu people, I won't complain to you about it, of course. I can just show my surprise to see that the Debian guys seem to take documentation packages (a "handbook", in the case) as any other packages, as if they would have any implications on the system itself. To me, documentation packages should be the very last to get into the system, giving people the opportunity to introduce the last info on the supporting documents, to translate those last introduced texts, to accommodate translations of the manual to languages that didn't have translations before, if they get ready meanwhile, etc. But, I may be wrong of course, since I don't know the debian process.
An other point is the project on hosted.weblate. I'm surprised by the fact that nobody seems to have realized that if there is a "resource" (a "language") listed, very likely it'll be only a question time until someone clicks on it, and so people should be prepared to deal with it.
Anyway, I just meant to help, not to cause trouble. Help you guys by helping with making the manual available to more people, and help people who do not speak English to have the manual -- i.e., the info on how to use the system -- in their own "normal" language. Thus, you guys justdo what you have or need to do, it'll be ok for me.

Kind regards,

José Vieira

Frans Spiesschaert, Tue, 30 Mar 2021 00:43:19 +0200

Hi José,