Re: debian-edu-doc: reworking content of binary packages

Hi Frans,

[ Frans Spiesschaert, 2020-09-05 ]
> Wolfgang Schweer schreef op do 03-09-2020 om 23:47 [+0200]:
> Could we make an attempt to plot a timeline?
>
> 1. Announce the withdrawal of the outdated manuals at weblate.
>
> 2. Update the wiki to point to these manuals and their translations.
>
> 3. Create the new package debian-edu-doc-legacy.

Thanks for the proposal.

> Do I still miss certain elements here?

Yes -- a few renamed PO files (Buster and Bullseye manuals) need to be
kept in sync with weblate after Step 3 has been done.
nb.po      --> nb-no.po
pt_BR.po   --> pt-br.po
pt_PT.po   --> pt-pt.po
zh.po      --> zh-cn.po
zh_Hant.po --> zh-tw.po

ad 2.

All manuals will show up here:
https://jenkins.debian.net/userContent/debian-edu-doc/
In case of the Audacity and Rosegarden manuals there's an outdated URL
on the wiki, pointing to
http://maintainer.skolelinux.org/debian-edu-doc/ which has manual from
2016. It's a trivial fix to adjust these URLs and unfuzzy all PO files,
I'll do that before generating the packages. In case of the ITIL manual
the fix needs to be a bit different, will do that as well.

ad 3.

I've prepared this already to some extent; these packages will be
generated:

 debian-edu-doc-da - Danish documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-de - German documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-en - English documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-es - English documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-fr - French documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-it - Italian documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-ja - Japanese documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-nb-no - Norwegian Bokmål documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-nl - Dutch documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-zh-cn - Chinese (Simplified) documentation from the Debian Edu project

 debian-edu-doc-nb - transitional package for debian-edu-doc-nb-no
 debian-edu-doc-zh - transitional package for debian-edu-doc-zh-cn

 debian-edu-doc-legacy-en - English documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-legacy-fr - French documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-legacy-ja - Japanese documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-legacy-nb-no - Norwegian Bokmål documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-legacy-nl - Dutch documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-legacy-pl - Polish documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-legacy-pt-br - Portuguese (Brazil) documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-legacy-pt-pt - Portuguese (Portugal) documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-legacy-sv - Swedish documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-legacy-uk - Ukrainian documentation from the Debian Edu project
 debian-edu-doc-legacy-zh-cn - Chinese (Simplified) documentation from the Debian Edu project

First block: All packages contain Buster and Bullseye manuals

Legacy block:
 en, nb-no, nl: Audacity, ITIL and Rosegarden manuals
 fr: Audacity and Rosegarden manuals
 ja, pl, pt-br, pt-pt, sv, uk, zh-cn: Audacity manual

Hopefull I haven't forgotten something...

Kind regards,
Wolfgang