Re: debian-edu-doc: reworking content of binary packages

Hi,

Wolfgang and Frans, thanks for your analysis here!

On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 01:19:55PM +0200, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
[audacity manual]
> My opinion: maybe useful in parts, but not what you would qualify as a
> manual for users. Keep it on wiki.debian.org with a remark like
> 'Outdated, but still useful in parts'. Drop it from weblate. Ship
> already existing translations in legacy packages.

(based on the non quoted stuff) sounds good to me.

> Rosegarden:
> Hence the same suggestion as for the Audacity manual.

also.

> ITIL:
> -----
>
> The extremely outdated part about Coyote firewall has been excluded from
> the AllInOne page recently, see:
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/ITIL/AllInOne?action=info

good

> More content could be excluded, e.g. these sections:
> <<Include(DebianEdu/Documentation/ITIL/Infrastructure)>>
> <<Include(DebianEdu/Documentation/ITIL/InfrastructureSetup)>>
> <<Include(DebianEdu/Documentation/ITIL/UsefulCommands)>>
>
> But I'm undecided if this is a good idea, maybe better keep it like it
> is now and treat it like the Audacity and Rosegarden manuals.

it be curious what the ITIL documentation authors think, Petter?

--
cheers,
	Holger

There are no jobs on a dead planet.