Re: Filtering out some untranslatable strings

Hi Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Schweer schreef op ma 10-08-2020 om 00:51 [+0200]:

> I've just tested the snippet that Frans has provided (slightly modified
> version copied to the end of scripts/get_manual).
>
> The script produces the stripped XML file like expected and also
> generates
> the POT and all PO files, if 'make update' is run in a manual directory
> including po4a.cfg containing a manual specific pot_in line.
>
> So far, so good.
>
> But then, nothing seems to be gained: running 'make status' shows a lot
> of fuzzy and even a few untranslated strings for PO files that before
> had been fully translated. It seems that the special wiki icons like
> 'alert' and 'sad' are mostly responsible. More work needed, I guess.

What a pity. It would have been too good to be true, I guess :(

> To reproduce for e.g. the bullseye manual:
>
> (1) copy the attached snippet to the end of 'scripts/get_manual'
> (2) cd into the bullseye manual directory
> (3) run 'make status' to get the translation status
> (4) add a pot_in line to po4a.cfg (file attached)
> (5) run 'make update' to get the source from the wiki and generate files.
> (6) run 'make status' again and compare the output to the previous one.
>
> To revert the changes, run 'git checkout *.po && git checkout *.pot'

Many thanks for testing. I'll try and have a closer look at it as soon as
possible. But don't worry if it takes a few days. My pace is rather slow.

--
Kind regards,
Frans Spiesschaert