Re: Filtering out some untranslatable strings

Petter Reinholdtsen schreef op zo 09-08-2020 om 14:04 [+0200]:
> [Frans Spiesschaert]
> > I prepared a code snippet that is able to remove some untranslatable
> > strings from the manuals.
>
> Is this affecting the ability to provide translated figures/images?

It only removes the image name part, not the alt name part for the image.

Example:

This is an image paragraph in debian-edu-bullseye-manual.xml:
<para><inlinemediaobject><imageobject><imagedata
fileref='./images/i.png'/></imageobject><textobject><phrase>Debian Edu
Installer Logo</phrase></textobject></inlinemediaobject>

and this is the same image paragraph in debian-edu-bullseye-manual-
stripped.xml:
<para><inlinemediaobject><imageobject></imageobject><textobject><phrase>Deb
ian Edu Installer Logo</phrase></textobject></inlinemediaobject>

which gives in the actual POT file based upon debian-edu-bullseye-
manual.xml(two translatable strings):

#. type: Attribute 'fileref' of:
msgid "./images/i.png"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of:
msgid "Debian Edu Installer Logo"
msgstr ""

and would give in a POT file based upon debian-edu-bullseye-manual-
stripped.xml (one translatable string, namely the alt name for the image):

#. type: Content of:
#: debian-edu-bullseye-manual-stripped.xml:5
msgid "Debian Edu Installer Logo"
msgstr ""

In both cases the resulting debian-edu-bullseye-manual.LANG.xml an the
resulting html pdf and epub file remains identical.

--
Kind regards,
Frans Spiesschaert