Re: [Git][debian-edu/debian-edu-config][master] 032-edu-pkgs: merge those ten apt-get purge calls into one.

[Holger Levsen]
> that's why it ends with || true now.

Using '|| true' is not fixing the installation.  Some packages will be
missing on some profiles, and this will stop any purging from happen.
Just try 'apt purge bash fdsfsa' yourself and notice how bash is not
purged.  The effect that the purging will not happen at all for some or
all profiles.

> (I also thought about whether thats a good idea but concluded yes.
> quoting myself from irc: apt purge $pkg takes 14secs on my computer,
> mostly because of those triggers. so i assume 13b6dab might have
> reduced installation time by a minute :)

You might as well remove the purge completely.  It will save some more
time, and make it obvious that no package is purged.  Unfortunately some
of the packages purged must be purged for the LTSP client to work well.

> we can and will notice failures to purge in the logfiles during
> development, and then we can also address those.

Trying to purge non-installed packages is not a bug in the ISO, it is a
feature, to ensure some packages are removed no matter which profile is
selected.

--
Happy hacking