Re: Why two chinese translations of debian edu documentation?

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 11:21:49PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Holger Levsen]
> > given the lack of replies I'll remove zh_Hant soon.
> I got a reply directly to me, where he explained the languages are
> very different.  I suggested he send the reply to the list too.

still, we have 5 zh_Hant files, 4 of them with 0 translated strings,
plus the stretch(!) manual, with 6 translated strings.

A translation in such a state should not be added to git (but instead be
further developed in weblate). I am pretty sure we had documented this
in some README, but I cant find it right now.

Also, any new translation must be added to the copyright wikipage, so
that debian/copyright will be correct automatically.

I'll now drop those files from git.

Please continue the work in weblate and come back when 10 or 15% are
translated.

(I'd also recommend to start with translating the Buster manual, not
Stretch. And: work on one manual at a time, not 5.)

Thank you.

--
tschüß,
	Holger