Re: Why two chinese translations of debian edu documentation?

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 07:22:49PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 11:14:16AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > Hi Louies, I noticed you created a new set of translation files on
> > Weblate, with the language code 'zh_Hant'.  There is already translation
> > files with the language code 'zh'.  Why do we need another set?  Are
> > these translations different enough to duplicate the work?
> >
> > Cc to the Debian Edu list and the most active translator for 'zh'.
>
> given the lack of replies I'll remove zh_Hant soon.

afaict zh_Hant aka zh_TW aka t-chinese (traditional Chinese, mostly
Taiwan, I guess) and zh_Hans aka zh_CN aka s-chinese (simplified
Chinese, China Mainland) are different given libreoffice, firefox and
thunderbird (to name the prominent ones) are shipping localization
packages for both variants.

IIRC d-e-doc had zh_TW years ago...

Wolfgang