Re: Required capacity of servers and other equipements

Hi,

> What is the capacity  (RAM, number and type of CPUs, bandwidth of
> network, number of network cards, size and speed of hard drive) for a
> server to be the master of a debian-edu / Ltsp class setup with 25
> clients ? With 50 clients ? with 100 clients ?
>
> Same questions if the clients are not anymore « light » clients that
> only deal with the display, but « heavy clients » (still without
> hard-drives) that download a full configuration over the network and run
> it locally instead of run it no the server and manage only the display
> as in ltsp ?

https://jenkins.debian.net/userContent/debian-edu-doc/debian-edu-doc-en/debian-edu-stretch-manual.pdf

The manual has many details on that.

> With Oxfam that recycles computers, I want that during educode.be the
> schools be offered the possibility to buy installed and ready-to use
> configurations with one server , the needed network equipement, and the
> clients by multiple of 25. We want to propose also support and
> assistance, by the community but also through NGOs and small companies.

Teckids right now is busy setting exactly that up in Germany.  I will query
you on that in separate mail ☺.

-nik

--
Dominik George (1. Vorstandsvorsitzender, pädagogischer Leiter)
Teckids e.V. - Erkunden, Entdecken, Erfinden.