Required capacity of servers and other equipements

Hi

What is the capacity  (RAM, number and type of CPUs, bandwidth of
network, number of network cards, size and speed of hard drive) for a
server to be the master of a debian-edu / Ltsp class setup with 25
clients ? With 50 clients ? with 100 clients ?

Same questions if the clients are not anymore « light » clients that
only deal with the display, but « heavy clients » (still without
hard-drives) that download a full configuration over the network and run
it locally instead of run it no the server and manage only the display
as in ltsp ?

What is the typical price of such servers ? What are the needed network
pieces of equipement ? How much do they cost ?

With Oxfam that recycles computers, I want that during educode.be the
schools be offered the possibility to buy installed and ready-to use
configurations with one server , the needed network equipement, and the
clients by multiple of 25. We want to propose also support and
assistance, by the community but also through NGOs and small companies.

Much thanks for the help,

Nicolas