Re: Migration of debian-edu metapackages to Salsa

Hi Andreas,

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 07:31:28AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > ok, will do. Latest date shall be the mini-debconf in Hamburg. (that
> > will give us two weeks buffer, as it takes place mid-May while
> > alioth-git shutdown is scheduled for end of May.
> >
> > https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/de/2018/MiniDebConfHamburg/
>
> I realised that the mini-debconf is after the shutdown of Alioth so
> that's a bit late.

why / based on what information did you realize that? AFAIK, the quoted
stuff above is still true. Wheezy LTS is running til the end of May,
https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/#Deprecation_of_Alioth says this will
happen with the EOL of Wheezy and the MiniDebConf takes place mid May.

That said...

> I wonder whether you want to create a Salsa project
> right now.  I'm offering again to migrate at least the Debian Edu
> metapackages.  You can even tell me a name for the Salsa project and
> I'll create one and add some people as owners that are well known to
> maintain the project.

... I suppose this wouldnt hurt (more than it would hurt a month later),
and I think the namespace should still be "debian-edu" (not Debian-Edu,
not DebianEdu) as it was/is on alioth.

--
cheers,
	Holger