Re: Demonstration and teaching tool

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 08:36:22AM +0100, Dominik George wrote:
> > As an example configure the Epoptes gui with these features removed from
> > gui and context menus:
> > - assist users
> > - monitor users
> > - execute commands on clients
> >
> > The related patch file (epoptes.patch) is attached.
>
> Hmm… It's a start, but it won't stop a malicious user from accessing the
> functions anyway.

Sure. Supposed to be very site specific.

> We should really convince the epoptes devs to make that configrable on
> system level.

To be on the safe side (well, sort of) would require to change quite a
lot (both epoptes and epoptes-client packages)…

Epoptes development has once been sponsored by the Greek government and
I guess that's why it is like it is; now bounties are required for new
features. More details: http://www.epoptes.org/

Wolfgang