Re: Offline installations no longer possible with DebianEdu Stretch?

On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 11:13:31PM +0200, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> > My old DebianEdu Jessie was able to do an installation without worrying
> > about internet connection. Is this no longer possible?
>
> No, it isn't. See
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Stretch/Installation#USB_drive_ISO_image_for_i386_and_amd64
> The reason for this changed behaviour is still unknown…

I've just checked the same URLs for Jessie, Wheezy and Squeeze and according
to those:

- it's the same in Jessie (only for LTSP servers though, which incude combi-
  server)
- for Wheezy it generally says that Internet access is needed, for all types.
- for Squeeze it says nothing, so I guess this was the last time LTSP servers
  could be installed without internet access.

--
cheers,
	Holger