Re: Offline installations no longer possible with DebianEdu Stretch?

On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 09:54:26PM +0200, roman.meier@gismap.ch wrote:
> I have downloaded debian-edu-9+edu0-USB.iso from the web and this worked
> well with a matching checksum.

> To write it using the dd command was not working but I managed to write it
> with win32diskimager (maybe somebody can explain this?).

No idea; any error output?

> My old DebianEdu Jessie was able to do an installation without worrying
> about internet connection. Is this no longer possible?

No, it isn't. See
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Stretch/Installation#USB_drive_ISO_image_for_i386_and_amd64
The reason for this changed behaviour is still unknown…

> I'm asking because the "Build LTSP chroot" part fails apparently because
> no internet connection can be found.
> Is this behavior normal?

Yes.

> Wouldn't it be cool to be able to do a full installation just like before
> without depending on a stable internet connection?

Sure, but see above.

Wolfgang