Re: new d-e-doc binary packages (was Re: [debian-edu-commits] debian-edu/ 03/03: Add changelog entries for last commits.)

[Holger Levsen]
> I think the debian-edu-doc-zh package is justified, but the Polish
> translation of the Stretch manual has only 224 translated strings (and
> 1161 untranslated ones), while there is not even a Swedish translation
> for the Stretch manual, just 28 translated strings (and 118 missing)
> for the Audacity manual.

Perhaps it is time to formulate a test in a package README explaining
when a langauge get its own package, and when it will loose it?  I guess
it should be harder to gain a package than to loose one, as it take
longer to add a package than to remove it.

It would also give the active translators something to aim for and might
even improve morale. :)

Perhaps the criteria should be based on fraction translated (either text
volume/number of words or number of messages, I would recommend using
text volume), and also on duration without any translation activity.  It
is easier to understand that we keep a package with 15% translated where
there is active work going on with the translation, thank a package with
15% translated and no activity for several years.

--
Happy hacking