Re: question about upgrading instructions (from jessie to stretch)

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 11:13:14AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I did some edits and now wonder why this is needed:
>
> ---- begin-quote ----
>     Install renamed metapackages:
>
> apt update
> apt install education-networked-common
> apt install education-ltsp-server

Only needed for consistency; i.e. testsuite/testpkgs would report them
as missing otherwise and this might confuse users.

>     Get the new Debian Edu Stretch artwork:
>
> apt install debian-edu-artwork-softwaves
> ---- begin-end ----
>
> shouldn't those packages get pulled in automatically on upgrades? (Or
> is this not possible because we are using this blends-dev framework?)

(out of my head; IMO not blends-dev related)

The supposed reason is that debian-edu-artwork in Stretch depends on
debian-edu-artwork-softwaves|d-e-a-lines|d-e-a-spacefun. So d-e-a and
d-e-a-lines are upgraded.

Wolfgang