Re: [debian-edu-commits] [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianEdu/Status/Stretch" by HolgerLevsen

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 05:43:18PM -0000, Debian Wiki wrote:
> The "DebianEdu/Status/Stretch" page has been changed by HolgerLevsen:
> Comment: and how to decide on this?

Good question; maybe point out that the user can decide at installation
time.

It's all about choice, according to the local conditions.

So maybe add an explanation to the installation section of the manual
about the MATE (or whatever) choice as Debian Edu default DE for Stretch
and extend the information in the same section about kernel command line
arguments to install several DEs.

> + * is MATE really the best choice of default desktop? Maybe rather
> LXQT, which like KDE is QT-based?

We would need a new task (and a new package) lxqt-desktop in that case,
and testing... and maybe tweaking...

Wolfgang