Re: Debian Edu Jessie: Getting rid of GOsa² popup

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 05:53:44PM +0200, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> to avoid uploading updated gosa packages to jessie proposed-updates
> (jessie-pu) the file /etc/gosa/gosa.conf should be shipped (with
> package debian-edu-config (d-e-c) for jessie-pu) like in d-e-c 1.818
> except for the configVersion string which should be empty. With the
> empty string the popup will not show up neither with the existing code
> (shipped with gosa-core, I guess) nor with the code currently in
> stretch.

Trying to clearify a bit:

As far as I know we have two choices to get rid of the pop up:

a) upload new gosa packages to jessie-proposed-updates and provide
   gosa.conf as it is now in debian-edu-config.git (with
   configVersion="Managed-by-Debian-Edu") in an updated d-e-c package.

b) only upload debian-edu-config to jessie-proposed-updates and ship
   gosa.conf with configVersion="".

Wolfgang