Re: Release plan

On  Di 09 Feb 2016 17:24:40 CET, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 03:58:19PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
so I think I want to help getting Debian Edu "jessie" finally released if…

That's great news.

I agree those bugs must be fixed, but I don't consider them blockers
for a release, as I believe releasing what we have now is much better
than further waiting.

Do you agree?

Yes. There are people out there using the beta release working around
the bugs...

Debian 8.3 was released on January 23rd 2016, so this means it will
probably at least take until March 23rd til 8.4, so I I think we
should try to get the above three changes done in the next few weeks
(rather 3 than 5), so that we will make 8.4.

Roughly testing the Debian Edu netinst iso image dated Jan 23rd (based
upon 8.3) showed no new problems.

And then we should also have images done, tested and released by the 8.4
release.

What do you think?

That sounds like a realistic plan.

Wolfgang