Re: Release plan

Hi,

so I think I want to help getting Debian Edu "jessie" finally released if…

On Dienstag, 9. Juni 2015, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> > Any blocking bug ?
> As far as I know, there are no blockers.
> For an overview: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Jessie

…if we agree that we do this _soon_ and don't consider the issues listed under
"must be fixed" on https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Jessie as blocking
the release of our first jessie based release.

I agree those bugs must be fixed, but I don't consider them blockers for a
release, as I believe releasing what we have now is much better than further
waiting.

Do you agree?

One thing we should revisit I think are the strings in the release and with
that I mean basically three things:

- the version string in debian-edu-install, which ends up on the cd images
- the version strings in debian-edu-doc
- the version shown in the GOsa² web ui, see
<20150907125041.GA28956@local.schweer-online.de>, I'll reply seperatly there.

> The final release was planned to be in sync with the Debian 8.1 point
> release, but building the installation ISO images seems to have stopped
> working a few weeks ago due to space problems (or whatever else).

Debian 8.3 was released on January 23rd 2016, so this means it will probably
at least take until March 23rd til 8.4, so I I think we should try to get the
above three changes done in the next few weeks (rather 3 than 5), so that we
will make 8.4.

And then we should also have images done, tested and released by the 8.4
release.

What do you think?

cheers,
	Holger