Re: Killer

Hi Petter,

On  Fr 09 Okt 2015 07:47:12 CEST, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Mike Gabriel]
Same here... See [1]..., but actually more processes than just SSH
processes are affected.

No fix in sight, afaik.

To fix it, we need to know how to get a list of logged in users.  The
UNIX way is looking in the utmp directory (for example using who/w), but
obviously this is not working if killer kill the wrong processes.

Is there a way to get a list of currently logged in users on the
machines with the problem?  I asked a similar question in BTS[1], and it
would be great if you could send the answer there.

 [1] <URL: https://bugs.debian.org/793516 >

ok, I will check that.

If the standard Unix way of checking users fails, then I presume one or several bugs in the systemd + desktop integration realm.

Surely, killer should work-around such kinks, but we need to ping other package maintainers, as well, if standard Unix paths are being left and request comments on that.

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby