Re: Using FusionDirectory in place of GOsa²

Le lundi 3 août 2015, 18:37:08 Petter Reinholdtsen a écrit :
> [Benoit Mortier]
>
> > Thats why i offering our help in helping you migrate from GOsa² to
> > FusionDirectory if you want
>
> Thank you for this kind offer.
>
> What kind of process is required?  Are the LDAP schemas and structures
> compatible?

No the schema are mostly different as they have been cleaned to be much
more along the standard way of doing things, no more specifc customer code
and specific one user only fonctions.

everything is documented and we wrote tools to help managing schema
migration and such.

> Are the same kind of hooks available for Kerberos and Samba
> integration?

The hooks are way better as the are usable on every part of the
applications, we have sasl support and special hooks to handle the
kerberos case in password change for exemple.

we have no kerberos plugin right now, but very interested in writing one,
and due to a real api to write plugins it very easy.

http://documentation.fusiondirectory.org/en/documentation_dev

you can look at the demo here

http://demo-release.fusiondirectory.org/

> In other words, can one easily migrate back and forth
> without much work, or is it a one way process with the risks involved
> for the schools?

you will not be able to move back and forth, but as stated in my mail, we
could write with you migration script or documentation to make that
effortless as possible.

i think the integration wtih debian edu could be real  nice and have much
less script.

Cheers

--
Benoit Mortier