Re: Fwd: [andreas@an3as.eu: Re: Just for fun - Catalan release manual for Jessie]

[Lluí­s Pérez Vidal]
> Hello Petter,

Hi.

> As promised I am now ready to work on the translation to catalan of
> Skolelinux literature . I am afraid I don't know what is a po file: I
> would appreciate if you can give me links to documentation or files to
> learn the "tools of the trade" that will be used.  I'm glad to be
> ready for the task.

Great, and welcome to the project.  I believe this is a discussion best
continued on the project mailing list (debian-edu@lists.debian.org), cc
there.

contain a summary on how we handle the documentation.  It will provide
you with an overview on where your translation effort fit in.

There are two workflow options at the moment, and it is selected per
translation team (the entire team should use the same workflow).  Either
one work directly in git with the .po files, or one use the non-free web
based Transifex service as the editor and rely on someone else to copy
the translations into git.  The latter is done by the Norwegian
translation team at the moment.

I can check in the Apertium translated "catalan" version into Git and
upload to Transifex if you believe it is a useful starting point, or it
can be ignored and the translation done from scratch.  I do not
understand catalan, so I will not try to give any advice in this matter.
The hack I made is still available from
if you want to have a look.

--
Happy hacking