Re: Work together on lmms package in Debian and Ubuntu?

On 09/21/2015 03:50 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Hi.  I noticed you mentioned working on Ubuntu packages of lmms.  Would
> you be interested in working together with us in the Debian Edu team to
> maintain it in Debian and Ubuntu?
>
> Is <URL: https://code.launchpad.net/~israeldahl/ubuntu/wily/lmms/lmms >
> your current packaging?  Our current packaging is in the git repository
> linked to from <URL: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/lmms >.
>
> I got a new upload for version 1.1.3 ready to go into Debian, but was
> asked by people on Debian Multimedia to delay it until STK has been
> uploaded with adjustment for the new gcc 5 C++ ABI.  I hope to get it
> uploaded into Debian soon.
>
> We gather on #debian-edu (irc.debian.org), but I also currently linger
> on #lmms (irc.freenode.net) if you want to discuss this with me.

Hi Peter,
That would be great!  The packaging you link to is my most recent
version, however I have been working with the LMMS team directly on
github.  We now have a method to fully generate the LMMS packaging for
debian.
You can clone the latest version to get the new code.
basically I have a debian folder in the base directory and in
cmake/linux/debian I have the in files for control, format, compat,
rules, watch, lmms.install and lmms-vst-full.install

The issue with my branch was a change in cmake's modules.  Something
changed and cmake was no longer able to find FLUID, as well as certain
other things.  Since Ubuntu Wily has a feature freeze I have not been
working on that branch, and have been working instead with LMMS on github.

The most recent addition of value would be adding
%f to the Exec line in lmms.install
Exec=env QT_X11_NO_NATIVE_MENUBAR=1 lmms %f

I am very glad someone else has taken this package up, it was very hard
to get in touch with Patrick Winnertz.

--
Regards