Re: dhcp broken on 192.168.0 side

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 11:10:14AM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:

> we've noticed a problem, since we started to seriously try to use diskless
> workstation mode (we used thin client mode earlier due to network
> performance problems).
>
> DHCP seems to be broken somehow on the ltsp side.
>
> The DLW (diskless workstation) has 10.0.2.2 as nameserver in
> /etc/resolv.conf, but the network 10/8 isn't known in the routing
> table. /sbin/route -n reports only 192.168.0/24, which is the network
> on the ethernet interface of course.
>
> As a result, homedir isn't mounted, the proxy can't be reached and of
> course no browsing whatsoever is possible.

Using the stock LDM login for diskless workstations a user's homedir is
mounted via sshfs. Maybe you've changed /opt/ltsp/i386/lts.conf to use
KDM instead of LDM? Then more configuration is needed. Please see the
manual.

Also, route -n should report 192.168.0.254 (which by default is tjener)
as router for 0.0.0.0. Iceweasel will use squid on tjener by default.

Wolfgang