Re: usb printer attached to a ltsp client

On 08/25/15 19:09, uday bhatye wrote:
On 25 August 2015 at 14:02, Wolfgang Schweer <wschweer@arcor.de> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 09:53:50AM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
we have a tjener (wheezy) and now we want to use+share a printer
attached to
a diskless workstation on the ltsp network.
I found in the manual that it's possible to connect printers where
convenient, but I'm unable to find how to set up the printer so it is
usable.

I too have the same problem

https://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2015/03/msg00134.html

may I know the printer brand/model?

Hi

I only got around to fix it last night. The printer is an HP 4600, which is old, so supported with the older drivers and hplip.

The trick was to define in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf:
[...the mac address of the node where the printer is attached...]
 PRINTER_0_DEVICE=/dev/usb/lp0
 PRINTER_0_PORT=9100

The last line isn't necessary, because that's the default.

then you can add it on the tjener's cups server with jetdirect using the ip number of the terminal (I was unable to assign a dns name to a terminal attached to the 192.168.0/24 network, as gosa kept enforcing that the address was in the 10.0/8 range)

Obviously you need the correct driver installed on the tjener for the printer to work properly.

/Simon