showcasing debian-edu at debconf and desktop for elderly people.

Hi all,
With debconf happening soon, what do the developers think of
showcasing debian-edu either as a talk/workshop or a combination of
the two. It could be even a hands-on showcase if it's a possibility so
people can play around and help with debian-edu. This would help in
awareness building within the wider debian community and perhaps few
people might join the team.

I'm planning to come to debconf (provided my travel  grant is
accepted) and it would be one more reason for me to be in debconf.

One more thing, over the last several days, months it somehow seems to
me that the same desktop that we desire to have for young people have
lot of similarity for elderly people as well. They also want
clutter-free interfaces, fewer apps and bold and big type-faces as
well as pretty iconography. I know that description sort of slants it
between debian-jr and debian-edu and do know that with accessibility
tools the above can be achieved to some extent. But that if the
elderly people have had some prior human-computer interaction. If not,
then s/he has the same issues as kids have when they see a digital UI
for the first time.

I dunno if this has been observed before or not. Nor if any attempts
have been made. I know in smart-phones there are some niche phones
which behave like that but they are niche and expensive.

Looking for people thoughts on the above.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल