Re: Home directories blank in diskless workstations

Hi,

On Sonntag, 22. März 2015, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 06:51:41PM +0530, uday bhatye wrote:
> > May I ask to put a warning in the new version of manual that internet
> > connection shouldn't be avoided for new usb installs with this issue?

"shouldnt be avoided" = is needed!

> Thanks. Instructions in both cases (Wheezy and Jessie) changed on the
> Wiki.

I've amended
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Jessie/Installation to
explicitly state that the "netinst 'CD'" media also needs internet access, but
didnt want to touch the requirements in
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Jessie/Requirements as a.)
currently it only lists hardware requirements and b.) internet access is not
strictly needed for running...

Maybe "internet access" should be listed as requirement, even if only for
mandatory security updates...

I suggest to keep the wheezy manual as (much as sensible) as it is, eg. the
addition that internet access is now needed for all media is a sensible one,
while I wouldnt add this note about the netinst media like I did for jessie...

cheers,
	Holger