Re: [debian-edu-commits] debian-edu/ 01/01: share/ltsp/init-ltsp.d/60-edu-diskless-ws: Stop using update-rc.d to disable the automounter if the homedir is mounted via sshfs as this isn't stable. Do it the way ltsp does.

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:41:03PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Wolfgang Schweer]
> > share/ltsp/init-ltsp.d/60-edu-diskless-ws: Stop using update-rc.d to
> > disable the automounter if the homedir is mounted via sshfs as this
> > isn't stable. Do it the way ltsp does.
>
> The two methods are not equivalent, as update-rc.d will reorder the
> boot sequence based on dependencies (aka call insserv) with the
> possibility of making it more optimized (for startpar).  Removing the
> symlinks will not do this.

The old code doesn't disable autofs anymore in a stable way, the new one
does; homedirs are mounted via sshfs. (I read update-rc.d --help)

> The old code would disable autofs and use sshfs when
> "$DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER" is empty, and use autofs when it was set.
> The new code behave differently.  Are you sure the old behavior is no
> longer wanted?  It used to be the way to get autofs and shared nfs
> directories mounted on diskless workstations.

I guess, it will work like before, as all required init scripts are
available (like automounter, nfs-common, nslcd, nscd). Only services
defined in <chroot>/usr/share/ltsp/init-ltsp.d/50-rm-system-services
(and those defined in lts.conf via RM_SYSTEM_SERVICES) are dropped.

Wolfgang