Re: Possible bug: gksu, pkexec grants root with password on GNOME

Hi there,

On  Mo 24 Feb 2014 21:57:32 CET, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Jürgen Leibner]
For better understanding, the IRC conversation here is:

Could it be that the KDE tool uses sudo (and expect the users password
and sudo access), while synaptic uses su (and expect the root
password)?

Bug reported long ago:

In my opinion, all Debian systems should switch gksu into sudo mode by default for systems that lack a root password.

Note: in Debian Installer you can omit the root password and if that root password is omitted, D-I installs sudo and gives the initial user account full sudo permissions.

For Debian Edu we should make sudo mode the default, as long as it is not handled in Debian itself.

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby