Re: Gosa access denied after upgrade

 > The files gosa.conf, gosa.conf.orig and secrets should all have the same
> date (date of installation).
>
> IIRC, you installed an early Debian Edu wheezy release (alpha?) and were
> hit by this gosa.conf password issue back then. This might explain the
> different time stamps.
>
> Wolfgang

Well,

Wolfgang, You remember better than me! Yes, I was hit by the passwd issue
installing a pre-alpha (not even alpha 0 if IIRC).

But with the help of your memory refresh, I also remmeber to have
fixed manually this issue, following some instructions.

I really cannot figure out how we have been able to work with GOsa
more than a year long with an admin passwd in gosa.conf which doesn't match
the LDAP stored one. (I'm pretty sure that the LDAP stored one has not
changed recently) Did gosa pick the gosa.conf.orig instead of the gosa.conf?
Who knows.

Now, to be more fixing oriented. Is there a precise procedure to modify
by hand the gosa-admin passwd (and to put a new, more robust one?)

Regards

Giorgio

--
Giorgio Pioda - Sysadmin SPSE-Tenero