Jessie installation broken - systemd migration and partman

Yesterday, I tried to install the Minimal profile using the
ftp.skolelinux.no::cd-edu-testing-nolocal-netinst/debian-edu-amd64-i386-NETINST-1.iso
boot image, and it failed.

The first failure is with automatic partitioning, which do not work.  I
did not figure out why, but managed to get around it by manually
partitioning without LVM and asking the installer to ignore the missing
swap partition.  I have not yet tried to check if there are bug reports
about this, nor reported any bug myself.  I suspect the problem is in
partman or partman-lvm.  Perhaps one of you have time to look at this?

The next and more fatal failure is when installing our
debian-edu-install package, which fail because apt want to remove
sysvinit-core and install systemd instead.  This fail because the
installer tool we use to install debian-edu-install (apt-install) is set
up to refuse removal of already installed packages (using --no-remove).
The cause of the failure is the current migration from sysvinit to
systemd as the default boot system for linux based Debian systems.  The
systemd package is pulled in via this dependency chain (from 'aptitude
why'):

i   debian-edu-install  Depends    debian-edu-config (>= 1.448)
i A debian-edu-config   Recommends libnotify-bin
i A libnotify-bin       Depends    libnotify4 (>= 0.7.3)
i A libnotify4          Recommends notification-daemon
i A notification-daemon Depends    libgtk-3-0 (>= 3.0.0)
i A libgtk-3-0          Depends    libcolord2 (>= 0.1.10)
i A libcolord2          Recommends colord
i A colord              Depends    policykit-1 (>= 0.103)
i A policykit-1         Depends    libpam-systemd
i A libpam-systemd      Depends    systemd-sysv

Perhaps we should work around the issue by reducing the libnotify-bin
relation from recommends to suggests in debian-edu-config?  It is used
by the /etc/ltspfs/mounter.d/edu-notify script to notify the user when
inserting a USB stick on LTSP clients, and not required to get other
parts of Debian Edu working.  A proper fix is probably to get the
installer to switch to systemd as its default boot system, and thus
avoid the need to remove sysvinit-core in the installer.  A third option
is to rewrite debian-edu-install to use apt-install with the
--allow-remove command line argument.  I suspect that might be the
easiest way out, but suspect it will cause surprises in the future.

Opinions?

--
Happy hacking