Re: Jessie installation broken - systemd migration and partman

Hi Petter,

On  Do 31 Jul 2014 09:00:35 CEST, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

The next and more fatal failure is when installing our
debian-edu-install package, which fail because apt want to remove
sysvinit-core and install systemd instead.

The question is: why does sysvinit-core get installed at all in the first place? If I see it correctly, systemd should be installed right away. Or am I missing something?

This fail because the
installer tool we use to install debian-edu-install (apt-install) is set
up to refuse removal of already installed packages (using --no-remove).

We should try to leave that as it is IMHO.

Perhaps we should work around the issue by reducing the libnotify-bin
relation from recommends to suggests in debian-edu-config?  It is used
by the /etc/ltspfs/mounter.d/edu-notify script to notify the user when
inserting a USB stick on LTSP clients, and not required to get other
parts of Debian Edu working.  A proper fix is probably to get the

The above is a work-around that we should only implement as such temporarily. If at all.

installer to switch to systemd as its default boot system, and thus
avoid the need to remove sysvinit-core in the installer.  A third option

+1 from me for this approach.

is to rewrite debian-edu-install to use apt-install with the
--allow-remove command line argument.  I suspect that might be the
easiest way out, but suspect it will cause surprises in the future.

-1 from me. See above.

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM